Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Oops!

I am so sorry everyone, I totally forgot to tell you the results of Jude's MRI.  They came back crystal clear and free of cancer!  Our nurse practitioner, Jill, called that evening of his scan to tell us and of course we are elated!  I posted it on Facebook but forgot to update this - so sorry if I worried anyone!  I promise I will try my best to never have that happen again. 

So tomorrow we will go to clinic and he'll get his monthly exam by Dr. Lewing and also the IVIg transfusion - which will be about 4-5hrs.  Please pray that it goes smoother than last time.  His IGa levels were a touch low, but I don't think enough to qualify him as deficient.  I guess I'll learn more tomorrow when I talk to Dr. Lewing. 

Then Friday is when he'll have his CT scan of the rest of his body. 

One day during treatment I remember our rockstar nurse, Stacy, and I were in Jude's room.  I was reading off Facebook that someone posted the question "if you could have one superhero power what would it be?".  I popped off with "duh! fly!" and then sweet Stacy thought for a second and said "I'd cure cancer".  Wow! That made me feel like a huge jerk - haha!  We laughed so hard at that.  Well I'm going to change my answer - I wish I had x-ray vision so just at a glance I could scan Jude's body for any signs of cancer.  And then if I could pick two it would be flying :)

Please pray the CT scan goes well and comes back looking as good as the MRI.  I'm not sure if we'll know something Friday - hopefully, but I'll let you know!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. It's not that I'm sooo sweet - it's that sometimes a good laugh is better than any imaginable super power! I'm probably a rotten nurse for being a brat and the ONE time you weren't thinking about cancer - I decide to bring it up - ANYWHO it's a great story now : )

    Gosh - I have some amazing memories with you guys - singing happy birthday to Sarah over the intercom, flying around Jude's room in a batman cape, and the infamous Senna being spit into my mouth : ) Although I have to say he did get better at taking his meds after that.

    As always - I'm thinking about you all and praying for a crystal clear MRI!

    Take care,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete